Why Airport IQ?
The time taken by an aircraft from the moment it lands to the moment it is in the air again has a critical impact on the efficiency and profitability of both airports and airlines. By optimizing the turnaround time, the airport can increase its capacity, and the airline can maximize the utility of their aircraft fleet.
Turnaround costs can also be a major factor in the profitability of airlines and airports. Obvious ways to improve aircraft turnaround include investing in new equipment, using lower cost service providers and simplifying services such as catering and cleaning. However most of these are already optimized as much as possible.
How will Airport IQ will safely improve aircraft turnaround?
Airport IQ aims to improve the quality of the information that is used in turnaround. The departure time of an aircraft is predicted and set based upon a wide range of live and static data being provided - from groups such as catering fuelling teams, passenger handlers, maintenance crews, aircraft crew and baggage handlers.
The time estimates provided have many in-built time buffers, which when added together can have a significant impact on the accuracy of the departure time. By improving the quality of the information, the buffers will be reduced with a corresponding improvement in the eventual turnaround time.
Airport IQ project components
Ground Staff Toolbox provides better
- Information sharing
- Only relevant information to the staff
- Information from the right source
- Workflow (time-stamping, time breach alerts, ad-hoc resource allocation)
- Decision-making (TOBT forecasting), management (reports and dashboards)
Context-Aware Airport IQ provides
- Services needed for mobile apps
- Information storage and sync
- Security and privacy control
- Context-sensitive triggers
- Airport IQ SDK (Software Developers Kit)
- Interface with systems of the participating airports
- Analysis of archived data
- Process improvement
- Delay reason clarification
- Staff training